I’ve decided that sporadically I will post a list of books that I’ve found to be personally helpful and would recommend to others. It’s my opinions that books are one of the greatest gifts that God has given to us. I hope this list is helpful to you.
1. A Quest for Godliness (A Puritan Vision for the Christian Life) by J.I. Packer
This book is a long and difficult read but well worth it to help understand and be challenged by the life of the Puritans.
2. A God Entranced Vision of All Things (A Book on the life of Jonathan Edwards) Edited by John Piper
Any book that adds insight into the life of the greatest religious mind that America has ever known is always worth it. This book however is a gem! It is a rare addition to the growing commentaries on Edwards’ life.
3. Planting New Churches in a Post Modern Age by Ed Stetzer
This book combines academic expertise, technical precision and practical advice to provide what I think may be the most consistent, helpful church planting work out there.
4. George Mueller: Delighted in God by Roger Steer
I want to be like George Mueller. God will teach you more about faith through the life of this man as described in his biography than you can possibly ever learn elsewhere.
5. Missiology: An Introduction to the Foundations, History, and Strategies of World Missions edited by John Mark Terry
This book is extraordinarily long but it is the single most comprehensive work that I know of to educate and mobilize our church base for missions. If you love missions, or desire to love missions, this is a must read!