If you are planning to attend the SBC in Orlando, you really need to make plans to be at the Baptist21 luncheon and panel discussion. This event last year was one of the most significant highlights of the whole week, in my opinion, and this year looks to be significantly better. The guys over at B21 have worked hard to put together an incredible panel with some of the most influential Southern Baptists, not to mention that each participant gets a ton of books and a great lunch and the whole thing will only cost you $7! Below is some additional information about the event to fill in any gaps you might have in respect to the event. I hope I get to see you there!
B21 Panel Info:
When is the b21 panel: June 15th 11:30 am – 1:30 pm (during the lunch break of this year’s Southern Baptist Convention in Orlando immediately following President Hunt’s address). Lunch will be provided.
Where is the b21 panel: The panel will be on site at the Convention in the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC), W414
Who is on the b21 panel:
Why hold the b21 panel: This is a pivotal year for the SBC with the report coming from the Great Commission Resurgence Task Force. This could be a “tipping point” for our future. We want to have significant leaders help guide us in thinking through these issues.
How much is the b21 panel: There will be a $7 charge that will accompany registration for the event. This $7 will include lunch and books.
Possible Topics at b21 panel: These are some possible topics that will be covered. In addition, there will be a future blog asking for your questions as well.
• Gospel-centrality in life and the church
• Discerning what ministries to prioritize in the church, associations, denominations?
• Great Commission Resurgence
• How the Gospel should affect budgets: church, personal, a denomination, etc.
• Cooperative Program and Great Commission Giving
• Challenges facing the SBC in next year
• Why should I stay in the SBC when there are others doing great mission work?